The purpose of this privacy notice is to tell you what information The MCL Group (Int) Limited trading as MovX(“MovX ”) collects from you, how and when it may be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “we” and “us” refer to MovX .
Personal information is any personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, bank details or tax codes, which can directly or indirectly identify you. We refer to it as “Personal information” here.
For the purpose of the applicable data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation, we, The MCL Group (Int) Limited, trading as MovX , are the data controller of your personal data.
By continuing to use our portals, access our websites, completing our forms or by otherwise providing us with your information, you warrant that any data provided by you to us is accurate.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data from which an individual can no longer be identified (anonymous data).
Recording Voice Calls and Video Calls
To help improve efficiency and effectiveness of some of the services provided to you by phone or video call we may keep a record of the call.
We collect information about you:
- That you provide to us in person
- When you complete our forms
- That you provide to us online, including when you fill in forms on our site or portals; and
- That you provide when you contact us by phone, email or otherwise.
The type of information we collect from you is as follows:
Personal contact details such as your name, title, postal address, telephone number, and personal email address.
- Bank details;
- Payment details;
- Your consent to receive notifications of special offers or promotions which may involve or be provided by us, or selected and trusted third parties;
- Information required to enable us to provide you with services;
- Where relevant, your company or employer’s name, your employment position, company address, company’s e-mail address and telephone numbers;
- Details of any enquiry, claim, or complaint you make in relation to the services;
- Information on any inventory, job sheet, collection/delivery documentation, shipping manifest, customs documentation or similar documents used for the export or importation of your goods.
Where we collect personal information from
We may collect personal information about you from these sources:
Information you give us when you enquire about our services;
- You use our website;
- In e-mails letters and other documents;
- We attend your home and carry out a sales survey;
- You take part in a video survey;
- You enter a competition or promotion via our website;
- Provide customer feedback;
- You report a problem using our website;
- We ask you for contact details for future marketing or promotions which may be by email, post, or text or if you sign up to receive promotions or newsletters from us although we will give you the option to say whether you wish to receive such communications or to opt out at a later stage.
- When products or services are provided in association with a business partner and your personal information is
collected by them, with your consent, and you have consented to us contacting you.
Information from third parties:
We may use personal information passed to us from third parties such as but not limited to:
- Organisations, firms or companies that introduce us to you;
- Comparison websites;
- Social networks;
- Estate agents;
- Loyalty scheme operators
- Agents working on our behalf;
- Market researchers;
- Government or law enforcement agencies;
- Local authorities;
- Agents acting on your behalf
How the law protects you and your personal information:
Data protection law says that we are allowed to use your personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so.
This includes sharing personal information with third parties.
In order to use your personal information, we must have one or more of the following reasons to do so:
- To do something before entering into contract with you such as but not limited to, carrying out a survey and/or preparing a quotation for you;
- To fulfil a contract with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest; or
- When you have given your consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your personal information. However wemust not use your personal information unfairly.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when and how the law allows us to. We will use your personal information for the
- To arrange a personal or video survey;
- Preparation of a quotation;
- To carry out contractual obligations to you;
- To instruct a third party supplier/sub-contractor;
- Accounting, billing and audit;
- Credit or other payment card verification;
- Preparation of export or importation documents as necessary;
- Arranging insurance;
- Immigration or customs documentation;
- General administration;
- To communicate with you regarding the services;
- To notify you of any changes to the services;
- Collecting payment;
- Where necessary arranging refunds. Please note that any payments or refunds will be made to the account/card which was used to make the latest payment. By providing the account or card details you, and the account/card holder consent to us doing this;
- Providing you with any tips or guidance for moving home;
- Reporting, research or analysis;
- To contact you with administrative or service messages even where you have told us you do not wish to receive direct marketing (please refer to the direct marketing section below);
- Check and verify your identity when you use our services;
- Instruct third parties (insurers, sub–contractors, shipping lines, airlines, railway companies, or agents for example) to assist us in the provision of the services;
- To communicate with your insurer and/or their appointed claims handling agents, or loss adjusters;
- Enable us to review, develop and improve our products or services;
- Ensuring our website is presented to you in the most informative and effective manner;
- Analysing your usage of our website and viewing patterns;
- Developing other products or services of our own or with trusted third parties;
- To notify you of products, services or offers available from trusted third parties;
- To monitor and improve the quality of our service and products;
- For managing claims, complaints or disputes including corresponding with third parties appointed to assist in the resolution of a complaint or claim such as but not limited to an appointed alternative dispute resolution body;
- For the prevention or detection of crime;
- For debt collecting;
- To meet our legal and statutory and compliance obligations.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
- Companies who provide us with video survey facilities;
- Agents, suppliers or sub-contractors who we use to assist in providing the services;
- Organisations who introduce you to us;
- Organisations who we introduce to you;
- HM Revenue and Customs , regulators or other authorities;
- Companies or organisations you ask us to share your personal information with;
- Claims Handlers;
- Trusted third parties who offer a product or service which is of interest to you.
We may disclose personal information to any member of our group for business purposes, which includes but is not limited to subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006 and to any relevant third parties for the purpose of providing services
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about our activities, we may send you communications electronically or by post. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails.
Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you raised with us.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Due to the global nature of our services, the information that we collect from you may be accessed, via our servers, from outside of the EEA. Whenever we make your personal data available outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We may make your personal data available in countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may allow them to access data if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when making your personal data available outside the EEA.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the notice or for purposes approved by you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- State bodies such as the Health and Safety Executive;
- Your employer or contracting company subject at all times to your wishes (please see above for further information);
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or contract;
- To protect our rights and property, or our safety and our users’ safety;
- For the purposes of preventing or reporting any illegal or immoral activity; and/or
- For the purposes of appropriately dealing with any complaints or issues with our site or the portals.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under applicable data protection legislation, you have the right under certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a
third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party; and
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in
which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or portals. Any transmission is at your own risk. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent
unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data may be stored by third parties on our behalf. We, and our third party contractors, employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Links to other websites
Our site and portals contains links to other websites of interest. If you use these links, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Notice. You should exercise caution and check the terms and conditions and privacy policies which apply to third party websites.
CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your information.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this notice from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, including changes to the purposes for which we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our site and portals and, where appropriate, notify you by email.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org